Honolulu Hospital Requests
Dolls, superhero figures and remote control cars are more than just playthings at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Honolulu. They are a prescription for joy. Toys have been shown to alleviate the symptoms of anxiety, boredom, and even pain. Your gifts are greatly appreciated and welcomed year-round. Our ideal drop off time is Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call ahead if you have a large donation (50+ items) that might require help from our staff.
Due to strict infection control precautions, we can only accept new gifts.
Our hospital is latex free. Items such as rubber balloons, koosh balls, rubber stamps, rubber balls, and rubber erasers are not accepted. Mylar balloons and vinyl items are encouraged.
Please note that patient privacy laws and regulations, such as HIPAA, prevent us from allowing donors to personally distribute toys to children. Thank you for understanding.
We Can Accept
- Gift cards (Wal-Mart & Safeway)
- Dolls (Disney princesses, Barbies)
- Superhero/star Wars figures
- Toy cars & trucks (various types and sizes, i.e. Hot wheels or remote control)
- Word puzzle books & puzzles (no more than 40 pieces per set)
- Playing Cards & Card Games (i.e. UNO)
Family Center Donations
- Coloring books, colored pencils, markers (8 packs), & crayons
- Backpacks, fanny packs, water bottles, & sunglasses
- New release DVDs
- Legos (smaller sets)
- Bluetooth speakers and headphones
- Nail polish & hair accessories (brushes & combs)
- Travel sized toothpaste & toothbrushes
Being away from home can be difficult for any child, especially if it involves receiving medical treatment. At Shriners Hospitals for Children — Honolulu‘s Family Center, we provide a “home away from home” for our keiki. The following items are greatly appreciated by the Family Center:
- Long distance phone cards
- Dish soap, towels, rags, & scrubbers
- Electric fans (tower fans preferred)
- Brooms, dustpans, & mops (sponge type)
- Kitchen items [non-stick pots & pans, cutting boards, plates & bowls (white preferred), utensil sets, & drinking cups, plastic tumbler )
- Luggage scale (handheld up to 75 lbs)
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, & body lotion
- Radio Flyer flatbed wagon
- Musical Instruments (ukuleles, guitars & bongos)